Friday, June 12, 2009

Twilight Freak


Seriously, way over a year ago I purchased the first Twilight book and the encouragement of my good friend, Lisa. I honestly thought I could never be interested in a book about vampires and to begin with I couldn't get into it, that is the first chapter and half. It set still unread on my nightstand. I couldn't understand such a hype about it. To me it was clearly a teenage book and I didn't think it could get any better. Oh was I terribly wrong!!! Once into chapter 3 the book I couldn't put down. & Derek then got me the box set for Christmas!! I finished in time to see the movie which I loved at first, but the more I have read the book over and over again, yes you read right!! I soooo love the books much better, the movies are just nice now to have a face of sorts to put with the characters. I have even bought them on audiobooks so I can listen to them while I sew and in the car. And my three year old daughter sings along to the soundtrack that is repeatidly playing all over the house and car.
So why am I blogging about this in my sewing journal....well the previous blog has my twilight messenger bag. the real reason is pictured below.... I designed it in my EQ6 program which also rocks!!!

This Quilt is going to rock!!! the white spaces will have quotes that are my favorites from the books and in the corner blocks will have the back cover quotes in each square next to their inner blocks. The Book titles will be appliqued using my cricut expression machine for help, and the book cover art is printed onto fabric paper and then sewn into the blocks. The inner blocks will also have the quotes printed onto fabric and then sewn into the finished block. I am just waiting on my fabric to get in from www.equilter.com one of my favorite online fabric shops. They have almost everything imaginable.

Now my husband said to me the other day, that I couldn't ever make fun of him again for playing WOW, b/c I am "in love with a vampire" lol. Also, he told me that one day after it is made that our girls will stumble upon this quilt probably 10-15 years from now and say "mom, what's this about?" and you'll be "well, I was totally obsessed over this book series..." and they will reply..."mom, you are such a dork!" which honestly I know I am.

There are worse things to be addicted to, right? FABRIC, TWILIGHT not so bad!!

No comments:

Post a Comment