Friday, June 12, 2009

New Adventures

We had our new daughter, Madeline in February and Derek left for a TDY in March and has yet to return, we are hoping for the second week of July. I have to say that the first weeks he was gone it was rough with 3 under 3, but now I have got the hang of it, sorta. I can atleast find time to sew, which really is an awesome outlet for me.


Right before he left I asked him to move my sewing room, yet again!! This time we moved it back to the dining room so I could put baby gates up to keep the little ones out and still be able to see and hear them about the house. My older daughter, Isabella can just climb over it when she needs to be beside me :) I know I said that the last layout was the best, but I am now I know that this is more easier to navigate and more practical to keep little fingers out of my materials.








I have a little island now, which is a kitchen Bar height table I now use as my cutting table. This is such a relief on my back, since I spend so much time standing and cutting and pinning.
The blue paint is also very bright and inspiring.

I love how I can walk all around the room and customers can come right into my work area. It is nice just in case the living room looks like a bomb blew up toys!!





And, So it started with a chair on the side of the road. Perfectly good chair, clean, sturdy and a padded SEAT!!!





So, I took my newly aquired Fabric from Loralie Harris, whom I absolutely adore all of her designs!! and recovered the seat and screwed it back in. Oh the maddness didn't stop there. I ended up making a cover for my serger in another print from the same line, covering the bulletin board, and making a cute cover for my ironing board!!




















I just loved the dress forms, I am trying to think up what else I can do with them!!






The ironing cover I have to say is one of my favorites as well, no more boring cover to look at all day!! Now my iron is in the laundry room right next to the sewing room, the dryer and washer sounds lulls Madeline to sleep and I can now pull fabric straight from the dryer to iron. So much eaisier on me!! I used the measuring tape print from the same Loralie fabric line. Oh, how I love ebay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment